Custom Search

Monday, March 5, 2007

Yum, it sucks man

I have started using YUM recently.
I downloaded so many packages without worrying about the dependencies. I am using FC5. The older YUM is having small problems. One of them is, if the connection drops while downloading one file, then in the other mirror it starts from the begining.
U can update YUM, in new YUM this problem is rectified.

>yum update yum

YUM was working fine till last night, i downloaded couple of packages and installed with yum successfully. But today it started showing an error
This is the command i executed and i saw the following info

[root@localhost yum.repos.d]# yum install unrar
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
livna [1/5]
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: livna
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: livna

I searched in some forums, but I did not find exact solution to this problem. So, i saw in my friend's system. I observed that there is no livna files in the folder /etc/yum.repos.d
So, i moved livna files into desktop

These are the files i moved from /etc/yum.repos.d to my desktop
livna-devel.repo livna.repo livna.repo~ livna-testing.repo

Then i gave
>yum install unrar
its working fine....

wow, i can enjoy with yum again

No comments: